Sunday, January 30, 2011

Myself

I always find writing "  about myself " a little challenging and a cliche. I don't exactly know where to start.

Well, I call myself a learning-independent-jouranlist, strong advocate for digital journalism, supporter of "going green," advocate of free speech, and who believes in peace and harmony.

Coming from a tiny land-locked,  Himalayan nation- Nepal, which is 11th poorest country in the world, and 70% of the population makes less than $2 a day; coming to the United States has been definitely a challenging and rewarding experience at the same time. I enjoy plethora of modern technologies, modern infrastructures that is still in primitive form in Nepal. At the same time, I miss the spirit of society, culture, and the notion of "We" rather than "I" and "mine." 

Studying at Hawai'i Pacific University (HPU) at this unique islands has been a beautiful experience. I feel the energy of the mighty Pacific ocean, get soothed by the ocean breezes and hearts filled with joy to see the colors and the mountains. I love the island, people and energy here.

That's all for today. I will keep in touch.  Well, I know, you might think I've not talked more about myself. Here's the laundry list of myself.

Sanjeev Ranabhat (Tethys)
HPU- Journalism Major, Travel Industry Management minor
Comes from: Kathmandu, Nepal
Has been in the US: Since Jan 6th 2006 
Came to Hawaii: August 26th 2008
Prior to Hawaii: Port Angeles and Seattle, Washington
Likes to: travel, read, write, take photos, make documentaries, graphic design, help people
What do I want to be ? : An independent journalist, inform people the truths.

More about Nepal, visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nepal

my Facebook: add me at sanjeevranabhat@gmail.com







No comments:

Post a Comment